Join Christine Lewis for Yoga Classes
Learn how to Improve your mobility and let go of worry and stress. Each class is unique and designed to restore and enhance your body’s natural rhythm and healing abilities.
Regardless of what class you enrol in, with a regular yoga practice you can achieve some phenomenal benefits, here are just a few:
- Improves flexibility, balance, coordination and memory resulting in fewer falls and sharpened memory
- Stretches and Strengthens muscles, joints and connective tissues resulting in increased bone density, mobility and reduced joint pain
- Better Sleep, release tension and stress resulting in more energy and wellbeing.
- Lowers blood sugar, blood pressure, balances nervous system resulting in less medication, more inner calmness and peace.
- Enlivens the digestive system and organs resulting in better elimination and detoxification
- Strengthens spine, immune, cardiovascular and respiratory systems resulting in fewer colds, allergies and improved stamina.
C L A S S D E S C R I P T I O N S:
BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE YOGA SERIES:
This series is recommended for the seasoned yoga practitioner, those new to yoga and eager to learn with no neck, back, joint or major health issues. This class provides Invigorating sequences (vinyasa), calming pranayama, enlightening meditation and awakens your inner guidance for deeper purpose and wellbeing.
You will learn how to:
- Easily Relax and Quiet your mind.
- Execute each pose with confidence and ease based on your unique body type
- Restore your energy with simple mindful practices and breathing techniques
- Key tools for successful alignment
- Effortlessly transition in vinyasa
GENTLE YOGA SERIES:
To enrol in this series, you must be able to get on and off the floor. This series is a wonderful introduction if you are new to yoga, have limited mobility, chronic health issues, or simply want a more gentle practice. Breathing techniques and meditation blended into this gentle series in a simple way to achieve more balance and harmony within the physical and emotional pieces of you.
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of yoga and how to tailor movement based on your level of comfort
- How to effectively strengthen your muscles, joints and systems of the body
- Easy techniques to calm the mind and release tension.
- Understand how to effectively make modifications based on your body type and ability.
- You will learn the benefits of each pose and the precautions to follow
CHAIR YOGA SERIES:
This Special series is ideal for seniors with limited mobility and/or with chronic health issues. Movement, breathing techniques and guided meditation gently introduced in a fun filled environment to restore and amplify your body’s natural rhythm of wellbeing.
You will learn how to:
- Effectively strengthen your muscles, joints and systems of the body.
- Understand how to use yoga props (chairs, blocks, straps, etc.) to support you, .
- Perform Physical Postures that are modified to suit your unique body type
- Improve your mobility, flexibility and balance
- Awaken New Energy in gentle yet powerful sequences