Join Christine Lewis for Yoga Classes
Learn how to Improve your mobility and let go of worry and stress. Each class is unique and designed to restore and enhance your body’s natural rhythm and healing abilities.
Regardless of what class you enrol in, with a regular yoga practice you can achieve some phenomenal benefits, here are just a few:
- Improves flexibility, balance, coordination and memory resulting in fewer falls and sharpened memory
- Stretches and Strengthens muscles, joints and connective tissues resulting in increased bone density, mobility and reduced joint pain
- Better Sleep, release tension and stress resulting in more energy and wellbeing.
- Lowers blood sugar, blood pressure, balances nervous system resulting in less medication, more inner calmness and peace.
- Enlivens the digestive system and organs resulting in better elimination and detoxification
- Strengthens spine, immune, cardiovascular and respiratory systems resulting in fewer colds, allergies and improved stamina.
BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE YOGA SERIES:
This series is recommended for the seasoned yoga practitioner and for those new to yoga and eager to learn with no neck, back or joint issues. You will learn how to easily relax and execute each pose with confidence and ease resulting in better health and wellbeing. Each week will reveal key tools for successful alignment, invigorating sequences, calming pranayama, enlightening meditation and most importantly how it all blends into your life.
GENTLE YOGA SERIES:
To enrol in this series, you must be able to get on and off the floor. This series is a wonderful introduction if you are new to yoga, have limited mobility, chronic health issues, or simply want a gentle practice. You will learn the fundamentals of yoga and how to effectively strengthen your muscles, joints and systems of the body, as well as techniques to calm the mind and release tension.
You will understand how to effectively make modifications based on your body type and ability. You will learn the benefits of each pose and the precautions to follow. Breathing techniques and meditation blended into this gentle series in a simple way to achieve more balance and harmony within the physical and emotional pieces of you.
CHAIR YOGA SERIES:
Ideal for seniors, if you have limited mobility, injury or chronic health issues. You will learn how to effectively strengthen your muscles, joints and systems of the body and understand how to use yoga props to support you. Utilizing chairs physical postures, breathing techniques, guided meditation introduced to restore and amplify your body’s natural rhythm of wellbeing.